Friday, March 30, 2012

A gardeners farewell

In the first post about my garden I said,"A place to gather with family and friends to share happy times and build memories." I lived in that charming little house in Clear Lake, Iowa for 11 yrs and the money I put into that outdoor room was the best money I ever spent. I cherish all of the moments: My Grandchildren's visits, All of the many 'Girls retreats' in Clear Lake, My close friends relaxing and sharing a glass of wine, The teachers 'get-togethers' and my Minneapolis kids coming down with their family's. All great memories in a beautiful place. My daughter once gave me a garden plaque which read: "Gardeners live in the most beautiful places, because they make them that way." Change happens, I have lived in Brooklyn for 2 1/2 years now making new memories with my family here. Soon I will be moving to Mpls to retire and concentrate on making Art. I probably won't be able to have a garden and that is a sad thing. Working in a garden is the best therapy in the world. Nature,flowers,weeds,birds,butterflies,squirrels,dirt,the job at hand,leaves no time for negative thoughts. Alone with God and nature, what more could you want? But there will be flowers where ever I live and lakes and trails and birds and music and it will be good. I will be talking a lot about 'Change' in my upcoming posts. I certainly can speak from experience on that topic. I am hoping some of my readers will join in the conversation with comments. I am ending my Garden series with some photo's from those 'good times' in my outdoor room.

No comments: