Friday, March 23, 2012

Adding a personal touch to your garden

One of the really nice things about a garden of your own is that you can add a personal touch using decorating items. Gardening shops have so much to choose from and everything is so beautiful. Personally, I go crazy in those places. The figurines and pots and bird baths and wind chimes,oh! if only I had more room. A word of advise here: do not overdo. It is a temptation, I know, but a way to get around that is 'grouping'(strategic placement throughout the entire garden) I also display a few plants in pots to add height and interest where needed. I bought a 3 tier fountain that filled in a dead space. The moving water attracts the birds and soothes the soul.Every garden needs the sound of moving water. You may enjoy seeing some of my original art on display in the following photos. They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

No comments: