Wednesday, April 11, 2012

STOP acting like you are old!

This is the first in my series of posts on aging. This isn't just about 'old' people because all of us start aging the minute we are born. I think most of us agree that we never feel as old as we are, I remember my Mother saying, "I don't feel any different or older than I ever did." I completely agree with her. Excluding people with health issues, it is my opinion that we have control on how we age. We hear it all the time; Eat healthy , exercise, everything in moderation. Of course I am not denying that, but what I think should be on the top of the list is Attitude. Have you decided to stay interested in others lives? Have you decided to keep on learning? Have you decided to remain physically active? Have you decided to continue looking good? (hair makeup, clothing, weight) Have you decided to have a sense of humor? Have you decided to find joy in life? Have you decided to keep things simple? Have you decided to remove stress in your life? Have you decided to see the good, not the bad in people? Have you decided to keep children in your life? I am sure there are many more, but you get the idea, if you don't want to feel old, then stop acting like you are. For me, one way to stay young is to allow change in your life,either natural or self induced. I will write more on that later, but for this post to be helpful and fun, I need comments and sharing. So please tell me what you think and what else I should put on that list.

No comments: