Thursday, December 10, 2009

Let's talk about JOY



Here is the second painting from my Fruit of the spirit series.




I love this word. It is different from 'Happy.' Happy is a temporary short lived feeling. JOY is deep, a sense of well being, a word of hope and faith. The angel said "I bring you tidings of great JOY! "

I am trying to think of Joyful times in my life. Certainly not when I was out with the girls laughing and having a good time. That would be a happy time. Joyful is more real, like the birth of a child.

This is harder than I thought. I must think on this a bit. If anyone is reading this, I would love to have a conversation about this word, Joy.

Anyway, I am really 'happy' that I painted this series, it makes my feel 'joyful'

Check back for the third in this series.

No comments: