Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fruits of the Spirit


These past 5 months since moving to Brooklyn I have been creating some new works. I love working with oil pastel and acrylics, yet watercolor with pen and ink detail is what I have been doing. I don't really have an explanation other than after I finish a piece I move right on to the next. I find them very interesting, the detail adds a richness to each piece.



I have been working in series, the first series I will be posting is from the Bible. In Galatians, Paul lists the fruits of the spirit. There are 12 but I have completed 3. The first one is Love. The final result wasn't at all what I was aiming for and I was not pleased with it. But, as often happens, it has grown on me and now I can sincerely say that I am proud of it.



The three together (Love, Joy and Peace) make quite a statement on a wall, I know because the originals are framed hanging on mine. To see the other two, continue to check in.



That's it for today.

No comments: