Saturday, March 28, 2009

Can't we all just get along?



When I began to sketch this piece, I wanted to connect these three shapes through movement. I knew beforehand that these shapes would each represent a different culture. I chose Egyptian, Native American and African because I admire the patterns ,designs and colors that they use in their art.


I believe that it is the women of the world who see war as insane. We just want to get along. We want peace.


These dancing ladies are my visual message to that.


What do you think? Please comment.




3 comments:

Buffalo River Farm and Studio Bed and Breakfast said...

Hi Diane,
Thanks for the follow on twitter. I found the link to our blog in a tweet. The piece is beautiful and I also love the patterns found in other cultures. Thank you for sharing your art. Donna

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

I'm with you, Diane. Most of us women just want peace, period. We don't get all excited about war machines and killing technology. Oh just don't get me started on this, haha... But I love your message and the graceful lines of the women. Nice work.

SusieReam said...

Beautiful movement and color. I love the picture and the title. Your painting conveys a message many women agree with.
Thanks for sharing! Susie Ream