Thursday, March 19, 2009

I ask myself, "Do I NEED people to like my art?"


I have reached that point in life: retirement. I will make art! What if no one likes my art. I NEED to have people like it.
Think of it this way:
If you were born with a beautiful voice you would ,of course, enjoy singing.When people tell you that your songs make them feel good, that is a good thing. It is nice to know that people enjoy what you love to do.
The same thing applies if you are a cook. When you serve a meal, you want them to like it.
So my point is this:
A visual artist is born with the ability to see, imagine and then produce. Creating is not only a necessity for an artist, it is also something we love to do. Our art is meant to be shared. Of course I want others to like it and it is really nice when they say they do.
In answer to my title question: "Yes I do."

4 comments:

Den Navrat said...

Congrrrrratulations, Diane, on your retirement, your website, your blogspot, your art and your life. Show us more of your art. Keep happy and busy. Hope to see you again. Den

Sally Tharp said...

Diane.. I agree with your statement... as much as I'd like to say 'I don't care what other people think', I really do like feedback! :) I've found the blog to be a great way to connect with other artists from around the world! It's wonderful! I like the first piece you've posted! ... I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Audrienne Jordan said...

Diane, your blog is interesting.

Sounds like you are beginning a new journey and making a lot of changes in your life. My prayer is that God would make Himself real to you and give you guidance.

Your art work is very creative and beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

Unknown said...

I really love this red design artwork you created.