Friday, February 1, 2013

Artist block? Well.....sort of

Artist block? Well..... sort of.
It's not that I don't have ideas, it is just that once I finish a series I go into 'limbo' for awhile. Since I am not actually into a painting, the urgency is gone.
Once I start a project, there is nothing else I would rather be doing. It is the process and the excitement  of seeing the final result that is so much fun.
These past two days I have decided to face that dilemma face on. I brought out all of my sketchbooks and went through them with a fine tooth comb.  I rediscovered thoughts and images that I wanted to bring to life.  I found themes lying in the heaps of sketches and categorized them with large paper clips and laid them out . I couldn't use my kitchen counter tops for a few days but it was worth it.
Today I see paintings waiting to happen, I see a variety of techniques about to be experimented with.


Lets see what the future brings!

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Diane, I am honored to have met you.at the Legends arts and crafts fair. And I had no idea you were so talented.