Monday, November 26, 2012

Imagination is the key!

Art in a child's room should be cheerful and pleasant but I am going to go one step farther :

As I continue to paint images with children in mind, I am going to focus on paintings that spark their imaginations.

A painting on their wall could be a starting point to a bedtime story. Your child could begin by telling his interpretation of what he sees. Others could join in and a story begins.

On the Curious Jungle Animal series in the Print Gallery I look at each of the animals and wonder what they are looking at. Are they afraid, are they surprised, are they curious?  Think of the possibilitys.

Here is the beginning of my next series (still untitled)  I am so excited about it, and hope it turns out as great as I am imagining. Hopefully I will be able to show it to you soon.

On my next post I am going to tell you about a drawing game my Grandson and I invented.

Here are two ways that you can make a difference to this blog:
   1. Tell a friend (share the link)
   2. Add a comment
Thanks for stopping by.
Diane

No comments: