Friday, July 24, 2009


Did I say this was going to be easy?


My intention was to journal my journey from Iowa to New York city. Well, THAT didn't happen! I have been here for 3 1/2 weeks now and I DO have some stories.


As the photo shows, my friend (who volunteered to drive with me and then fly home) and I set out on June 26th and arrived in Brooklyn on the 28th.

Going across Manhattan to get into Brooklyn was not the best idea MAPQUEST ever had. That truck you see in the photo drove down the length of Manhattan starting at Times Square during the Gay Pride Parade. Two little ladies in that big truck stalled in the middle of the celebration; yeah well it sounds funny NOW. We did have quite a view.


Check in regularly if you want to see New York city through the eyes of a person who has lived in small towns in the Midwest her entire life .


That's all for now.


2 comments:

Janelle Goodwin said...

Hi Diane! Goodness, you're brave! I can't wait to hear the stories when you get settled in.

Unknown said...

Thanks Janelle, I am back on line and just wrote another post.